Inviting Duran Duran fans to send in audio requests for weekend Duran-athon
Ever since we launched back in 2007, the music of Duran Duran has been a regular staple on our radio station. Unlike terrestrial radio (at least in the US), we did not ignore Duran Duran post “Come Undone“. We have continued to celebrate their legacy and their new material (both singles AND radio-worthy album tracks) over the past decade and a half. Duran Duran has done the impossible and has taken their quintessentially New Wave (a term associated with a bygone era) sonic template and have coated it in modernity. That flavor of modernity has changed over the past decade but the music has stayed strong throughout. We have never done a Duran Duran “request weekend” event before but we thought of a few reasons why NOW is a good time to do it. They are are as follows:
– Duran Duran is one of the greatest bands of the last three decades
– They are getting geared up to release what just might be a musical milestone of their career in the form of “Paper Gods” (slated for release in September 2015).
– Their new single “Pressure Off” (which we are giving 5-6 plays a day on our station) is 2015’s best pop single so far.
– Our listeners love Duran Duran
– The band has just announced tour dates for their “Paper Gods” tour.
– It is always great to look back at a legacy of a band that has endured right before they release something new.
– The band has signed a new global major record deal with Warner Music – a feat in an unapologetically ageist pop mainstream.
– With the enthusiasm around Duran Duran’s new material, we want fans to have the opportunity to help showcase different aspects of Duran Duran’s long career that has represented constant progression, experimentation, and reinvention through the songs they request (we really hope fans choose songs from as many albums as possible).
Send us an audio recording of your “voice request” of ANY song by Duran Duran that you would like to see played on Radio Creme Brulee. The “voice request” should be not more than 20 seconds long. We will play your voice request before the song AND we will play your request 8 times on the day (once every 3 hours) that we air it. We will also send you an e-mail to inform you on which day of the weekend your request will get multiple plays. That way, we know you will not miss the song. Take this opportunity to celebrate one of UK’s hottest musical exports and while doing so, get your voice heard on a global broadcast. You can listen to our station from anywhere in the world via www.radiocremebrulee.com. We are accepting requests from ALL OVER THE WORLD since you can listen to us anywhere. As we had mentioned earlier, We will tell you in advance on what day we plan to play your request.
So how do you do this? Here goes:
What are the dates for “Weekend Duran-athon”?
The first request for “Weekend Duran-athon” will be aired on June 27, 2015 and the last requests will be aired on June 28, 2015 – so get your requests in QUICKLY!
What do you need for a “voice” request?
– A computer or a smartphone
– A microphone (your smartphone comes with this!)
– A software that can record your voice (ALL computers have at least a “Sound Recorder” software on them).
– If you are using your phone, use the “voice memo” to record the audio request.
Rules for the request
– The recording must NOT be longer than 20 seconds.
What would a sample request sound like?
Here is an example:
— Hi, this is Andrea from Brooklyn, New York. I would love to hear “Come Undone” by Duran Duran.———-
—- Hi, this is David from from London. Please could by play “Girl Panic” by Duran Duran.———–
Where do I e-mail my request to?
Send your request and voice attachment to email@example.com
I am super-shy and am too self-conscious for an “audio request”? May I just send a message indicating the song I’d like to hear by Duran Duran?
Well, we would love to hear your voice on our radio station but if you absolutely DO NOT want to be heard, send us a message via our “CONTACT US” form and let us know the song you would like to hear.
What is the last day for submissions of voice requests?
[UPDATE]: Due to the overwhelming response, we have extended our final date for submissions to June 28, 2015
Last, but not least, SPREAD THE WORD (especially on twitter and facebook) about “Weekend Duran-athon” and bump the excitement up for the “Paper Gods” album release and tour a few notches.
We are an American internet radio station that broadcasts worldwide. The station features an eclectic mix of current pop and rock music from both sides of the Atlantic alongside hits, forgotten gems, and rarities from the last three decades. The music of Duran Duran (both old and new) is a regular staple on our radio station. Currently, “Pressure Off” by Duran Duran is getting 5 plays per day on our station. We also play plenty of newer music by bands that rose to prominence in the 80s. Noteworthy examples include Tears For Fears, a-ha, Spandau Ballet, INXS, Depeche Mode, Johnny Hates Jazz, Simple Minds, and Culture Club.
Give us a spin when you get a chance.
We just might become your alternative of choice!